Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

Alumnae > Alumnae News > Film Studies Club

Film Studies Club

Many new enrichment courses have been created to help the students in Badminton to explore new areas while at home.

Film Studies Club

As school is closed during the pandemic, many new enrichment courses have been created to help the students in Badminton to explore new areas while at home.

My favourite course out of all the enrichment sessions is definitely the film studies club. I chose to join this club because I am personally super keen on cinematography and I plan on studying film production and media at university too. This is the first film club created at Badminton School and, from the two sessions so far, I have already learnt so much about film. During these sessions, we have started to learn about the basic components of film making and the terms we use to analyse them.  I learned about the different shot types, such as wide angle, establishing shot, and their purposes and effects. To help us better understand film, Ms Sapsford even prepared specific clips from different movies for us, ranging from ‘Matilda’ to ‘Paris, Texas’. Through our discussion of these examples, I have come to appreciate the filmmakers’ use of background, cinematographic techniques and use of colour. To be honest, I am shocked and delighted by how much I have learnt in just two sessions, and I can’t wait to try out some of the techniques we have been studying in films of my own.

Yvonne (Lower Sixth)

Similar stories

Hard hats at the ready

Hard hats at the ready checking on progress. More...

Northcote

Badminton School - Supporting its community More...

Bookmark her Future

A Badminton School campaign in support of The Casson Library refurbishment. More...

Most read

Stanley Spencer with Unity, Shirin and Hilda Carline on the terrace at The Tors

Available to view again for a limited time - Old Badmintonians Unity and Shirin Spencer feature in BBC Arena documentary More...

Clifford Gould - Headmaster of Badminton School 1981-1997

Badminton School is very saddened to hear of the passing of Clifford Gould. More...

In memory of Reanna Garewal

Celebrating the life of Reanna Garewal More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech