Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > School News > Badminton Provides the Perfect BaSE as Location for Local Film Shoot

Badminton Provides the Perfect BaSE as Location for Local Film Shoot

Recently, actress and filmmaker Katherine Press brought her Bristol-based crew along to Badminton School to shoot comedy film NOSE!
28 Jul 2021
School News
BaSE stars in 'NOSE'!
BaSE stars in 'NOSE'!

Recently, actress and filmmaker Katherine Press brought her Bristol-based crew along to Badminton School to shoot comedy film NOSE!

Katherine got in touch with the team at BaSE, which stands for Badminton School Events – the new name for our venue hire – and we were delighted to accommodate her and the crew.

Having grown up in Henleaze, Katherine is a former Red Maid, and when it came to sourcing locations for her shoot, she recalled her school trips to Badminton for sports events and swimming galas: "I was pretty confident that Badminton would be an ideal venue in terms of the kinds of spaces I needed for this film - but the friendliness and accommodating attitude of the venues team has been a wonderful bonus!"

The crew set up their base in the Junior School, filming some dance scenes in the Hall, before moving to the playground for an exterior scene: "That was another bonus. We'd expected to have to film that scene in a public location, with all the paperwork and logistics that entails, but as soon as the cinematographer and I saw the Junior School playground, we knew we need look no further."

Katherine also said: "From my first enquiry, everyone at Badminton was so incredibly supportive and accommodating. We were so impressed by the facilities on offer, which made for the easiest day of our shoot. It meant both cast and crew could relax and focus on their roles. On behalf of my whole team, thank you!"

James Lindsay, Operations Manager said: “Staff at BaSE were delighted to welcome Katherine Press back for her second film shoot utilising the wide variety of locations available across the site at Badminton School. Having identified areas of particular interest, staff were available throughout the day to provide support and action in the event of any last-minute changes – a particular trait among film shoots!”

Katherine is a member of the prestigious talent programme BAFTA Crew. She is committed to filming in Bristol using Bristol-based talent where at all possible and tells us that she hopes to return to Badminton for her next shoot!

The film is now in post-production, and once completed, will be submitted to international film festivals, before being made available online. Watch this space…

Similar stories

We are thrilled with the great results!

Year 11 pupils at Badminton have shown remarkable resilience in the way they have worked through the two years of their GCSE courses to secure an impr… More...

We are thrilled with the great results!

Badminton School students have risen to the challenges of an uncertain year and developed key skills of resilience which have seen the cohort navigate… More...

Presentation bouquet for our guest speaker

You may watch Emma's address to our school community - click on the link below! More...

Most read

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech