Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

Alumnae > Alumnae News > Kirsty Besterman OBA in National Theatre's Macbeth

Kirsty Besterman OBA in National Theatre's Macbeth

Badminton School's GCSE and A Level students see Kirsty Besterman (OBA) in her role as Lady Macbeth in the National Theatre Production of Macbeth. Read the review from one of the students.
National Theatre Tour of Macbeth
National Theatre Tour of Macbeth
A group of GCSE and A Level students had the privilege of seeing a performance by the National Theatre of Macbeth in the Theatre Royal in Bath. We had excellent seats with an incredible view of the rather unusual set. The play itself was very enjoyable and at some points quite frightening and, despite my worry about not understanding it, I found the plot relatively easy to follow. For me, the most impressive characters were the three witches as their acrobatics and eerie performances were amazing, but all the acting was equally as spell-binding. After the performance, we were lucky enough to meet Kirsty Besterman, who gave a stunning performance as Lady Macbeth and who is an Old Badmintonian! She was very down to earth and it was really exciting to meet the person who gave life to such an iconic character. We arrived back at School, tired out, at eleven o’clock; all in all it, was a fantastic experience. Ellie Year 11.

Similar stories

Hard hats at the ready

Hard hats at the ready checking on progress. More...

In memory of Reanna Garewal

Celebrating the life of Reanna Garewal More...

Etherton Education Student Hosts

We are looking for several Student hosts to help welcome the first overseas students to enrol on the "Introduction to British Boarding" course at Badm… More...

Most read

Stanley Spencer with Unity, Shirin and Hilda Carline on the terrace at The Tors

Available to view again for a limited time - Old Badmintonians Unity and Shirin Spencer feature in BBC Arena documentary More...

Rosamund Pike and Chris O'Dowd

Old Badmintonian Rosamund Pike wins an Emmy for State of the Union. More...

Hard hats at the ready

Hard hats at the ready checking on progress. More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech